Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Morris

I should come out and say that, much like Tom, I have been watching lots of Morris recently; I should make it clear that I was not berating but congratulating him when I noticed his use of the phrase "a special gun" in an earlier post.

I haven't shelled out for the Day Today yet, so I have to make do with Jam and Brasseye. The shows are clearly brilliant. But the special feature on Jam deserve mention. This is but one of many.

If you select "Play All", unlike on most DVDs you are given three choices:

Play all once: what you'd expect;
Play all at once: the first frames of the six episodes all appear on screen, followed by a big red "WHY?", to the old Thames TV ident tune;
Forced viewing: plays all the episodes back to back forever until you eject the DVD.

Bizarre. Made me slightly queasy and scared, like when I first found tragibutes (now sadly gone) or the Blue Jam
site.

No comments: