Wednesday, February 21, 2007

New Year, new stuff: third time's the charm

New Hat:(also new gloves). Bought from the Red Cross around the corner for about a pound. Is soft felt on top, so at a moments notice can become a plausible bowler, in case I need to persaude the Swiss I am a London banker.

In a change to the advertised schedules, tomorrow will be the last in this series. Appearing will be the answer (well, an answer) to the following riddle: what is small, hairy, and has eight legs?

Meanwhile, I have a new hero:



Update: By way of preemption Before this goes any further , I look nothing like this in my new getup:
-- Herr Flick has, incidentally, really let himself go since the war.

Further update and actual preemption: Before someone launches germanswhowearhatslikerichards.blogspot.com, I am also trying to imitate neither scary plastinating Gunter von Hagens nor bonkers artist Joseph Beuys:



Besides, all these Germans are wearing Fedoras, whereas my hat is a homburg.

5 comments:

Tom said...

Are you sure you are not trying to convince the Swiss that you are Herr Flick?

Omission said...

My officemate thinks that it makes me look like an Orthodox Jew, and says that this is at odds with by short blonde hair and blue eyes, which make me look like an Oberführer. I'm sure that knowing I actually look like a comedy Gestapo officer will reassure him.

Although it's probably prudent to keep 'Allo 'Allo a secret from mainland Europe.

Abaculus said...

Hey! Nice knife. M'lday's got one of those Global ones too, it can dismantle a swede at fifty paces and I'm not allowed to put it in the dishwasher.

To complete the Flick look you could have borrowed the cane from my Nazi costume (for the murder mystery party), but unfortunately I left it in a recycling bank on Alderney. Still, if you need someone else with leather gloves and a long black coat to play Flick's sidekick (what was his name again?), I humbly proffer my services.

Omission said...

Herr Flick's assistant was Engelbert von Smallhausen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herr_Engelbert_Von_Smallhausen

Tom said...

Pre-emption? I'll have you know I made that obvious joke before you posted your so-called update!