Tuesday, February 20, 2007

New year, new stuff: Secondary phase

True to my word, here is another new thing I have:


This is my new camel leather manbag, which carries my important musings on the polytime completeness of soft linear set theory wheresoever I go. It does not, as feared by some, smell bad. It smells of nice leathery things.

In other news, last Friday was the Decemberists concert in Fribourg. My enjoyment was magnified by the presence of Sam Smiths Nut Brown Ale behind the bar: a more Decemberists drink this side of an absinthe and arsenic martini I can't imagine. The gig was great fun, and ended with a re-enactment of the foundation of Switzerland (sort of-- I don't remember chickens or the Ottoman empire having much to do with it). The band were obviously a bit worse for wear, and the gig had, in the words of Colin Meloy, "an odd flavor -- sort of like eating a lychee. It's difficult to peel, it tatstes odd, but you like it."

No comments: