Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Success!

Those following my academic career will no doubt be glad to know that, after two sucessive failures, my paper has finally been accepted at a workshop. So now I'm going to Lisbon. Hurrah.

Mostly, it's been lovely to see people I haven't seen for a long time over the last couple of weeks. Hello. However, I would like to point out (particularly to those of an simian disposition that there has not been, for some time, a culinary post on this blog. And the last time I did mention food, it was to a) Invite people to partake, b)a comment on how long it took, and c) very much in passing. I resent the insinuation that I'm a one trick pony.

So there.

5 comments:

Abaculus said...

Huzzahhhh! Congratulations! What an exciting week this has been.

So when to Lisbon, and for how long?

Omission said...

The workshop is July 16-17 (curiously over a weekend), so I'll probably go the previous day.

I depart, to find a rough guide to Portugal...

Tom said...

Good stuff. Perhaps in a mere five years or so I too may publish a paper...

Anonymous said...

Oi! Just making a general culinary point, but thanks for the link anyway. Hope you voted for us...

www.xfm.co.uk/unsigned

Omission said...

As a matter of fact, I did. And I recommend everyone else does too.