Friday, June 24, 2005

On Homophony and other such things

This is a fun game, suggested by Harry, and one round has been played by Will and won by Chrispin.

(Now, bear in mind that this game is too easy when played with New Zealanders, who only have one vowel.)

The game can also be played with Californians, and indeed when one is married to a So-Cal girl it is less of a game and more of a bothersome inevitability.

However:
1) A girl's name
2) a verb, meaning to join
3) an adjective, meaning happy and often applied to holidays and widows.

I'm leaving the country tomorrow, but fear not, for I shall have internet access, and I will probably post more frequently. My first port of call is the Windy City. I'm not sure what is is that winds so much, perhaps it's the streets. I do know that it's de rigeur to ramble whilst there, which klends support to my hypothesis.

3 comments:

Tom said...

Mary/Marry/Merry?

Omission said...

Quite so.

Abaculus said...

I got that without looking at the previous comments, but I've no way of proving it so you'll just have to believe me.