Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Chippenham Folk Festival and offal burgers.

Made it to the last day of a local Folk festival
on Monday, and didn't have time to mention it until now. Having voted for my favourite Morris in spiritofthetin's survey, It was fun to see a parade of local morris men, but I think my vote of "Chris" was the correct one.

The music was fun --- the stalls less so. With the exception of a great musical instruments tent (replete with drums and electric fiddles) and a leather stall, where I bought myself a money sack (in the spirit of "here is a purse of monies, which I am not going to give to you"), everything was new-agey crystals and second hand hippy-garb. Is this in general true? Will I have to put up with this claptrap when all I want is a foaming flagon of nut brown ale, a rustic foodstuff, and a browse of the merkin stall?

One final plus, which brings me comforatbly out of this extended foray into music blogging and back to more familiar epicurian territory. I had a burger from a local fast food institution, and the burgers contained "17% beef hearts". Heart burgers and Nando's infamous Bucket O' Liver suggest to me that fast offal is a growth industry. Invest now!

3 comments:

Abaculus said...

Yah boo sucks, I cannae get Last FM working on this thing. Thinks it's loaded the playlist but then can't seem to load any tracks. Plugin wants authentication. I wail.

I want obscure David Devant tracks NOW!

Tom said...

You could try another browser maybe? Firefox/Mozilla (if that's what you're using) is I have found bad at accepting plugin authentications.

Now, folk, heart burgers -- mmm... I want my country back! I could just make my own burgers I suppose. Actually I have just received an email about a Morris-dancing event at the Rockefeller chapel here. Somehow none of this is quite the same, as you can probably imagine.

Anonymous said...

Re problems with Live Fm: Have you seen it doesn't work on Media Player. You need WinAmp.

http://www.last.fm/faq.php#Radio-wmp