Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The easter bunny

Lately, I've been exploring the wonders of Bath farmers' market. The week before easter I bought a fantastic leg of organic lamb (at a fantastic price), and from it we ate roast lamb and some wonderful shepherd's pie.

For easter, since we had already explored the lamb angle, we decided to buy a rabbit. The cooking of the rabbit stew was a slight mishap (rabbit *does*, as people warn you, have a tendency to be dry, although it was very tasty), but the prize of the deal was that the rabbit came with heart, liver and kidneys attached. Eaten this evening pan-fried with a leafy salad. Delicious!

1 comment:

Tom said...

Sounds great. Beats chocolate ones, right? I have a home-made rabbit stew recipe that has proved non-dry on the couple of occasions I have used it which I can give you if you like.